Posted in Geek
Hollywood’s Super Bowl was filled with red carpet highlights for days, along with the usual hits and misses that set the internet ablaze with subsequent emojis.
25 thoughts that crossed your mind during the broadcast:
- Neil Patrick Harris and husband David Burtka are adorable.
- Scarlett Johansson crushed Brad Pitt’s Fury hairstyle in the best way possible.
- Keira Knightley is an embroidered vision.
- Benedict Cumberbatch wins for cutest selfie with parent photobomb.
- When did Ethan Hawke get so old? Oh wait…
- Tim McGraw without a cowboy hat is incredibly unnerving.
- Neil Patrick Harris wins at life. Even without pants.
- Benedict Cumberbatch snuck a flask into the Oscars and it’s awesome.
- If you’re going to be hunted down and killed by anyone, it should be Liam Neeson.
- Shirley McLaine has 1,000 lives and one outfit.
- You go ahead and ugly cry, Chris Pine.
- Because of course Channing Tatum is playing with his Lego Oscar.
- And now… Gwyneth Paltrow. Someone who thinks she’s British. Nice segue, Neil.
- Welp, now we know what Jesus would look like if he went to Prom. Thanks, Jared.
- Patricia Arquette just won ALL THE YES: “To every woman who gave birth to every taxpayer and citizen of this nation, we have fought for everybody else’s equal rights. It’s our time to have wage equality once and for all, and equal rights for women in the United States of America.”
- Meryl Streep is everything.
- Best NPH quote: “Benedict Cumberbatch. It’s not only the most awesome name in show business, it’s also the sound you get when you ask John Travolta to pronounce ‘Ben Affleck’.”
- Glom Gazingo. Not as good as “Jorn Tramolto,” but we’ll accept it.
- Amused by all the people just realizing Lady Gaga’s voice is made of angels and glitter.
- Julie Andrews probably gives the best hugs.
- Wes Anderson clapping.
- Sean Penn just became the white Kanye.
- Graham Moore (Best Adapted Screenplay) gets all the hi-fives for his #stayweird acceptance speech: “…I would like this moment to be for this kid out there who feels like she’s weird or she’s different or she doesn’t fit in anywhere: Yes, you do. I promise you do. Stay weird, stay different, and then, when it’s your turn, and you are standing on this stage, please pass the same message to the next person who comes along.”
- Eddie Redmayne is the internet’s new boyfriend.