My mum told me about Keto after first trying it herself 🌹.. I could feel the burn by day two ⬇️, and by the second week my pants were baggy! I haven’t felt better! 💚
- 1/4 cup almond flour (25 g/ 0.9 oz)
- 1/4 cup flaxmeal (38 g/ 1.3 oz)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg, free-range or organic
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream or coconut milk
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese or other Italian hard cheese (28 g/ 1 oz)
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp ghee (you can make your own)
- 1 tbsp butter or 2 tbsp cream cheese for spreading
- 2 slices cheddar cheese or other hard type cheese (56 g/ 2 oz)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard or 2 tsp sugar-free ketchup (you can make your own)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 2 cups greens (lettuce, kale, chard, spinach, watercress, etc.) + less than 1 g net carbs per serving)
- Optional: 4 slices crisped up bacon or Pancetta
- Place all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and combine well.
- Add the egg, cream, water and mix well using a fork.
- Grate the cheese and add it to the mixture. Combine well and place in single-serving ramekins.
- Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds.
Tips for cooking in the oven: If you don’t have a microwave, I suggest you make 4-8 servings at once. Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F and cook for about 12-15 minutes or until cooked in the centre.
- Meanwhile, fry the eggs on ghee. I used these molds to create perfect shapes for the muffin. Cook the eggs until the egg white is opaque and the yolks still runny. Season with salt and pepper and take off the heat.
- Cut the muffins in half and spread some butter on the inside of each of the halves.
- Top each with slices of cheese, egg and mustard. Optionally, serve with greens (lettuce, spinach, watercress, chard, etc.) and bacon. Enjoy immediately! The muffins (without the filling) can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.